Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reunited and It Feels So Good

This past weekend in New Mexico was awesome. I got to see the BFF for the first time since October and I could not have been happier. She looks AMAZING and I'm so proud of her for rocking that competition. Seriously guys, my best friend could totally beat up your best friend.


Please ignore the fact that I look like Casper next to Mari..and she happens to looks like she belongs on the Jersey Shore with that spray tan...not that she doesn't usually make me look pale...

The competition was so interesting. All the women, in all the categories, clearly pushed their bodies to the limit and have been working really hard to get to this point. I'm so impressed with all of it. I could never do it! But like I said, Mari rocked it. It was SO fun to be there and cheer her on and help with the prep process! All her hard work and dedication was amazing and inspiring. So baller.




 It was a really great trip over all. We spent lots of time in competition prep, but we managed to make stops at my favorite pizza place, coffee shop, and I got awesome chips and salsa. We also we able to squeeze in a baseball game! I love the Red Sox more than any team, but Albuquerque Isotopes games are cheap and so much fun. Where else do a red chili, a green chili, a taco, and a jar of salsa race around the bases?


I came home on Sunday with my sister-in-law. She's almost 11, but this is her first big trip without her parents, so it's been exciting. We had a long lay-over in Dallas and got into Boston late, but our spirits were high!


It's good to be home and getting back to the grind, even if it's a little off now that there's an extra body in the apartment (getting three people out the door in the morning is WAY harder than two people...especially when one needs a little extra help getting ready).

To report on my goals for last week: I did 2/3. I did not exercise 5 days. With the travel and all the things that had to get done, it just didn't happen. But I'm ok with it. I drank a lot of water and I tracked all my eats, so I'm happy with it. I had a great weigh-in this morning, so I know that if I up the exercise this week, and keep it up with the water and tracking, I'll be right as rain in no time! It's amazing what a visit with the BFF can do for your mental health and motivation. :)

Not to mention, my sneakers just got tricked out.


Oh yeeahhh. That's right. I have a ID tag on my sneaks now. Safety is sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment